- Promote responsible and sustainable trail use in cooperation with other trail users.
- Support volunteer trail work to maintain and refurbish trails for mountain bicyclists.
- Assist and create positive relationships with public and private land managers and local governments.
- Develop an integrated trail community that aims to preserve and enhance access for mountain bicyclists.
- Ensuring the future of mountain biking in Coos and Curry Counties.
- Educate cyclists and non-cyclists about mountain biking and provide information on building legal trails.
- Encourage youth involvement.
- Establish community trail networks with appropriate mapping and signage.
- Trail user education.
Wild Rivers Coast Mountain Bicycling Association is a nonprofit educational association whose mission is to protect, create, enhance, and preserve quality trail experiences for all levels of mountain bicyclists in Coos and Curry County.
“It seems as if all it took was for two people to get excited about mountain biking and it just took off.”Mia
This about sums up how our club got started. Two of us traveled around Oregon for a year biking and searching for trails and realized the Wild Rivers Coast area was a blackhole for trails. In 2015, friends connected with friends and found a common passion in mountain biking. Bikes were pulled out of the corners and dusted off, and our club formed on the idea we wanted trails, miles and miles of trails.
Our board members are volunteers. It takes dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers to lead the club in the right direction. If you’re interested in participating as a Board Member, please contact the club and attend a club Meeting for more details.
- Co-Chairs: Anthony Darling (Southerly) & Jerry Gross (Del Norte)
- Secretary: Erin Kessler
- Treasurer: Nic McNair
- Board Members: Chris Ell, Dave Lacey, David Hernandez, Adam Demarzo, Jeff South, Zack Martin, Darin Maxwell, Annie Maxwell
- Members-at-Large: Patrick Bringardner
We need your help to make the club run smoothly and keep momentum rolling. Our Committees tend to change with the needs of the club with the exception of a few key groups. As we build our reputation and follow our direction, we will add and remove committees as necessary. Join a committee today!
- Trail Care Crew
- Fundraiser Committee
- Calendar & Events Committee
- Social Media/Web Committee