We have a few things happening this summer we need to up date everyone on!
July 22nd – Blacklock Point Group Ride
- Meet, ready to ride at 10am at Blacklock Point Trail-head at the end of Airport Road off Highway 101 between Port Orford and Bandon. (Directly across from Pacific High School.
- All-level-no-drop ride, please come prepared with your mountain bike, trail repair tools, water, snack, and helmets.
- Erin will lead a little kids ride departing just after the big kids (adults).
- Bring post-ride refreshments if you like.
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
July 25th – North Region Work Party (6:30-8:30pm)
- Instead of our normal WRCMBA North Region meeting at Foley’s we will have a trail volunteer day/work party at the new trail system in the Coos County Forest.
- Meet at 6:30pm ready to work.
- Please wear sturdy shoes, bring work gloves, and dress appropriately.
- Please bring hand tools like rakes, flat shovels, and loppers. The tool trailer may or may not be available for us to use.
- Bring your bike if you’d like to “flow test” the new completed sections.
- Directions: from Highway 101, take West Beaver Hill Road. Make your first Left onto the paved Humphrey’s Rd/Whiskey Run. Parking will be about a mile on the right in the dirt clearing.
BIKE RAFFLE AND FUNDRAISER!
WRCMBA is raffling off not one, but TWO bikes this year! We have an adult Trek Marlin 6 and a kids Trek Precaliber 24 up for grabs. All proceeds will directly benefit our community on the Wild Rivers Coast by promoting, developing, and maintaining sustainable mountain biking trails for all families and riders here on the coast.
ADULT TIX: $2 each; 3 for $5, or 20 for $15
KIDS TIX: $1 each; 6 for $5
Tickets can be bought from any WRCMBA board member or at the following locations: Back Country Bikes in Crescent City, Coastal Heating and Semi Aquatic in Brookings, Sunset Pizza in Gold Beach, South Coast Tours in Port Orford, Floras Creek Coffee Company in Langlois, and South Coast Bicycles in Bandon.
Raffle will be held during our Joe Martin Memorial Ride and Community Potluck on September 23rd!!