Our NICA (National Interscholastic Cycling Association) Oregon League Season has wrapped up. WRCMBA was proud to be an inaugural sponsor of our amazing HS and Middle School Youth MTB Team on the Southern Oregon Coast. Click here for results and some great photos!
Here’s some fun stats:
- 14 Teams competed in the Oregon League
- 27 Student Athletes on our South Coast Composite Team
- 16 Volunteer Coaches
- 6 Women Coaches and 3 Female Student Athletes (we need more girls on bikes!)
- 4 Races and over 1,460 miles travelled roundtrip
- 11 Podiums, 5th Place Overall Freshmen Boys (Knoll Gederos) and 1st Place Overall 8th Grade Girls (Maddie Pahls)
- 100+ miles raced and countless more ridden for fun!
- 4 Boxes of Twinkies, 50 Clif Bars, 2 Dozen Bananas, and 4 Dozen Donuts/Pastries eaten (rough estimate)
- 100% Satisfaction on reaching personal biking goals and all smiles at the end of the day
If you want to continue to support this amazing volunteer and donation run program for youth in our area, please come to our FUNdraiser, movie showing of Filmed By Bike from Portland, Oregon!
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 2nd @ Egyptian Theatre Coos Bay
7:00pm; Tickets are $10 @ the door, Baked Goods and 7 Devils Brew for purchase- proceeds go directly to our South Coast Composite MTB Team!
Please spread the word and bring the whole family!